Construction Manager (CM)
A Construction Manager helps ensure that the job is completed on time and in accordance with the Project Budget. He or she must coordinate among the many different parties involved in the project to solve problems, answer questions, and keep the job progressing as intended in a safe and timely manner.
- Must be a graduate of Engineering, Architecture or Interior Design.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in managing Fit-Out or New Build Projects (office and residential, hotel and resorts, high-rise, civil works).
- Professional License would be an advantage.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, supervises, and controls activities related to the Project;
- Reports directly to the Project Manager/Director regarding key coordination and monitoring details;
- Manages and monitors the successful delivery of the construction requirements in accordance with the Client requirements;
- Coordinates and supervises the design, procurement, physical works and installations, testing and commissioning, in accordance with the design standards and contracts for the Project;
- Closely monitors the Contractors Programs and Project Master Program for the Project, and to report any potential risks to the Project Manager/Director;
- Assists the Project Team in overseeing the implementation of adequate Health and Safety measures, such that acceptable working practices are implemented by the Contractors and Consultants. A zero accident and safe working philosophy is the required objective;
- Reviews actual progress on site for any Monthly Progress Claims submitted by Contractors;
- Reviews contractual obligations of the Contractors and notifies the Project Manager/Director if terms and conditions are met;
- Assists the Project Manager/Director in managing under-performing Contractors/Vendors;
- Has the ability to read, absorb and understand the various standards with which the Projects are required to be constructed;
- Responsible in managing the Construction Phase Team allocated, and ensure that the quality system is implemented on all phases of the Services;
- Attends and participates in key weekly coordination meetings with Client, Project Consultants and Contractors;
- Other duties that may be assigned as deemed appropriate for the Construction Manager position.