Project Manager (PM)
The Project Manager’s primary role is to handle a wide variety of procurement, administrative and management duties related to purchases, contracting services, contracts administration, and project management duties throughout the Project’s life cycle. This also includes a variety of procurement activities including the Tender Process for general Trade Packages, and general Project Management Duties throughout the course of the Project.
- Must be a graduate of Engineering, Architecture or Interior Design.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in managing Fit-Out or New Build Projects (office and residential, hotel and resorts, high rise, civil works).
- Professional License would be an advantage
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, supervises, and controls activities related to the Project;
- Reports directly to the Senior Project Manager (Sr. PM) / Project Director (PD) regarding key coordination and monitoring details;
- Manages and monitors the successful delivery of the Project in accordance with the Client requirements;
- Coordinates and supervises the design, procurement, physical works and installations, testing and commissioning, in accordance with the design standards and the contract for the Project;
- Closely monitors the Contractors Programs and Project Master Program for the Project, and to report any potential risks to the Sr. PM/PD;
- Manages the implementation of contract administration duties;
- Monitors the status of accounts and payments made throughout the course of the Project;
- Develops systems to evaluate vendor quotations that utilize appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service;
- Implements, oversees, and monitors procurement reporting systems to meet Project requirements;
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices for Client approval, before issuance to Contractors/Service Providers;
- Assists the Project Team in overseeing the implementation of adequate Health and Safety measures, such that acceptable working practices are implemented by the Contractors and Consultants. A zero accident and safe working philosophy is the required objective;
- Reviews actual progress on site for any Monthly Progress Claims submitted by Contractors;
- Reviews contractual obligations of the Contractors and notify the Sr. PM/PD if terms and conditions are not being met;
- Assists the Project and Construction Management Team in managing under-performing Contractors/Vendors, and to report to the Sr. PM/PD on any issues;
- Has the ability to read, absorb and understand the various standards with which the Projects are required to be constructed;
- Responsible for managing the construction phase team allocated, and ensure that the quality systems are implemented on all phases of the services;
- Monitors progress throughout the construction process and comparing this with the projected schedule of work. This includes liaising with the Project and Construction Management Team, Contractors and Suppliers throughout the process, making adjustments as deemed appropriate and necessary;
- Prepares and vets Progress Reports;
- Has strong communication and team-working skills;
- Attends and participates in key weekly coordination meetings with Client, Project Consultants and Contractors;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project);
- Other duties that may be assigned as deemed appropriate for the Project Manager position.
- Davao-based applicants are encouraged to apply for a possible Project in the area.
- Applicants with MEPF background and experience are an advantage.
Please call (63) 890-9788 / 89 for further information.